First store in Banks

Title

First store in Banks

Description

Photo of the first store in Banks, built about 1901 on North Main Street near Banks Road. Brothers Montgomery 'Gum' Turner (born 1866) and Ewell Turner (born 1870) founded the store, and Ewell ran the store for four years while Gum returned to Kentucky to settle his affairs and prepare to move his family to Oregon. Gum took charge of the mercantile business when he arrived back in Banks, about 1904.

Date Created

circa 1904

Subject

Stores, Retail
Storefronts
Turner, Montgomery
Turner, Ewell

Place

Banks, Oregon

Medium

copy prints

Identifier

BHSpic_016

Rights

Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact the Banks Historical Society at bankshistorysociety@gmail.com

Source

Banks Historical Society