Greenville was founded in the 1870s by Franklin Pierce, who emigrated to Oregon in 1852. It was a supply center for those who lived between Buxton and Forest Grove, and the town was located 2 miles south of present-day Banks. A post office was established in 1871, and Franklin Pierce opened a store in 1874. The Post Office closed in 1907, and the town is now virtually non-existent.
Cities and towns
Urban Planning & Development
Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact the Banks Historical Society at email@example.com
Banks Historical Society