Hotel Beaverton

Title

Hotel Beaverton

Description

The two-story Hotel Beaverton and Beaverton Reporter were located on Farmington Road and Washington Street, east of Watson Avenue and across (south) from the train depot. Construction date has been tentatively identified as the 1880s. George Thyng owned the hotel about 1907 and sold it by 1910. This building was later known as the Commercial Hotel that was owned and operated by the Merlo family. An early address was 103 SW Farmington Road. The building was extensively renovated and later converted into apartments. It was torn down circa 1969.

Date Created

circa 1902

Subject

Hotels
Local history
Local & State History

Place

Beaverton, Oregon

Identifier

BEApic_074

Rights

Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact the Beaverton Historical Society at info@historicbeaverton.org.

Source

City of Beaverton