Forest Grove National Bank

Title

Forest Grove National Bank

Description

This concrete two story building is located on the southwest corner of Pacific Avenue and Main Street. On the left side, the Main Street side, is what looks to be an early Ford Model T roadster parked by the sidewalk, which is made from wood. The street looks to be packed dirt. One man is crossing Main Street going towards the bank while two men talk in front of the bank. Another man is walking south down Main Street. There is a fire hydrant on the bank corner. The second story corner windows that face the two streets has a sign DR. POLLOCK DENTIST. This bank building was extensively significantly remodeled in the 1950s and remains a bank today. To the right of the bank are two storefronts and a Forest Grove Streetcar. The streetcar is powered by overhead electrical lines. The Forest Grove streetcar system operated from 1906 to 1911
[front] Forest Grove National Bank – 1911 Forest Grove, Oregon

Date Created

1911

Subject

Bank buildings
Transportation
Transportation, Automotive
Trams, buses & trolleybuses past and present
Local & State History

Place

Forest Grove, Oregon

Medium

photographic postcards

Language

English

Identifier

FHFG_pic0067

Rights

Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact Friends of Historic Forest Grove at Friends@FGHistory.org.

Source

Friends of Historic Forest Grove