Water tower Forest Grove

Title

Water tower Forest Grove

Description

The first water system on Forest Grove was constructed in 1895 and was privately owned by E. W. Haines. Water was pumped from Gales Creek near the present Light Department building to the water tower. . This stored water was used mainly for fighting fires and some irrigation. The water tower was located on A Street between Pacific Avenue and 21st Avenue and set back from the street. This picture was taken from 21st Avenue looking southeast. The back of the Laughlin House (hotel) is on the right.

Date Created

circa 1900

Subject

Water towers
Water-supply
Local & State History

Place

Forest Grove, Oregon

Medium

photographic postcards

Language

English

Identifier

FHFG_pic0100

Rights

Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact Friends of Historic Forest Grove at Friends@FGHistory.org.

Source

Friends of Historic Forest Grove