Residence in Forest Grove

Title

Residence in Forest Grove

Description

This two story house on the northwest corner of 15th Avenue and Elm Street is known as the Barnes House and the Marble House and is in the Queen Anne Victorian style. This house, facing Elm Street, is somewhat narrow in the front but with a large gable on the left facing the front and a third story tower on the right it looks large. There is a roofed window bay on the first floor below the gable. The porch starts at the end of the gable and looks to go around to the right side of the house. The porch has its own roof. This view is from the northeast corner of the house showing the right side. On this side is another roofed window bay and a covered side back porch. There is another large gable on this side. A picket fence goes across the front of the house and down the right side. The sidewalk could be wood or concrete. The street is packed dirt.
[back] [blue ink] Up town; [printed sticker] In the booklet published by “Friends of Historic Forest Grove” entitled “Historic Homes of Forest Grove” this house id identified as the Barnes House and is located at 1504 Elm Street. Further description is found on page 12 of the reference booklet.

Date Created

circa 1900

Subject

Local & State History

Place

Forest Grove, Oregon

Medium

photographic prints

Language

English

Identifier

FHFG_pic0278

Rights

Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact Friends of Historic Forest Grove at: rights@fhfg.org

Source

Friends of Historic Forest Grove