The Gordon House, Forest Grove

Title

The Gordon House, Forest Grove

Description

A two story house with a gable on the left front. A bay window on the ground floor and two windows in the gable on the second floor. The right front of the house with the font door is set back from the left front. The “L” shaped porch starts at the right front corner and goes back to the right front of the house where there is a single story addition with a shed type of roof. There are ornate porch posts with some gingerbread trim. There are two women sitting on chairs in the front yard with two men standing behind them. A young child is holding hands with the woman on the left. They are posing for the photographer.
[back] The Gordon home on what is now Highway 47 north of Forest Grove, just north of the trucking company. (Around 2 miles north on Highway 47 from Pacific Avenue intersection.) H.F. & Ella on right with Mr. & Mrs. John VanLoo, and their son Francis, who rented the farm after the Gordons retired. Taken in 1915 or 1916

Date Created

1915-1916

Subject

Houses
Housing
Housing, Single family
Gordon, H.F.
Gordon, Ellen
VanLoo, John
VanLoo, Mrs. John
VanLoo, Francis
Local & State History

Place

Forest Grove, Oregon

Medium

photographic prints

Language

English

Identifier

FHFG_pic0307

Rights

Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact Friends of Historic Forest Grove at: rights@fhfg.org

Source

Judy Gates Goldman collection; Friends of Historic Forest Grove