House of the Pacific University president, 1900's

Title

House of the Pacific University president, 1900's

Description

Photo taken in the 1900's of Pacific University's president Sidney Harper Marsh's, Pacific University?s first president from 1853 to 1879, house. The building is now known as Knight Hall. Knight Hall was built in 1879 and annexed in 1944. The building is named after Board of Trustee member Frank L. Knight. Knight Hall housed the School of Music until the Music Department was moved to the newly completed Taylor-Meade Performing Arts Center in 1993. Before being a music building, it was also a coed dormitory in 1946 and the Phi Beta Tau's Fraternity house in 1953.
[Back] Home of President Marsh - Daughter and widow were living here in 1902; 77; 6063;

Date Created

circa 1900s

Language

Identifier

PUApic_012732

Rights

Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact the Pacific University Archives at archives@pacificu.edu.

Source

Photo Image Collection, Pacific University Archives