Garden Home Post Office and Store

Title

Garden Home Post Office and Store

Description

The Garden Home Post Office and Store in about 1890. This building is believed to have stood on the southeast corner of what were then called Nicholl and Rex streets. The streets are now known as Garden Home Road and Oleson Road. Lumen H. Nichols, the postmaster and store owner, stands in front, near a rail for tying up horses. According to the book "Oregon Post Offices, 1847-1982" (Helbock, 1983), the Garden Home Post Office was first established March 6, 1882. It was discontinued or had a change of designation in 1904, before being reestablished in 1912.

Date Created

circa 1890

Language

English

Identifier

GHHpic_001

Rights

Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact: GardenHomeHistory@gmail.com