Forest Grove High School

Title

Forest Grove High School

Description

This brick three story building facing Elm Street was the first dedicated High School building and it was called South Park High School. There is a sidewalk in front and it appears to be concrete. There is also a flagpole out by the street. The street appears to be packed dirt. The main entrance is in the middle of the front of the building. There are flower boxes in the two windows on each side of the main entrance. A man and a woman with a baby stroller are on the sidewalk. The building was sold to the Catholic Church and was being converted when it was destroyed by fire in 1956. The gymnasium, across Elm Street, was torn down in the mid 1980's.
[front] High School – Forest Grove

Date Created

circa 1935

Medium

photographic postcards

Language

English

Identifier

FHFG_pic0051

Rights

Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact Friends of Historic Forest Grove at: rights@fhfg.org