St. Anthony Catholic Church Forest Grove

Title

St. Anthony Catholic Church Forest Grove

Description

This wood single story structure was originally a home converted into a church in 1908. The church was dedicated in 1911 and served for 46 years. In this picture there is a sidewalk but the street appears to be packed dirt. No curb is present in the photograph. South Park High School on Elm Street was purchased and during remodeling was destroyed by fire in 1956. The current Catholic Church was built where the old high school stood.
[front] Catholic Church Forest Grove Ore.

Date Created

1930-1940

Medium

photographic postcards

Language

English

Identifier

FHFG_pic0056

Rights

Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact Friends of Historic Forest Grove at: rights@fhfg.org