Methodist Episcopal Church, Forest Grove

Title

Methodist Episcopal Church, Forest Grove

Description

A two story church with a lower floor that is a partial basement. Steps lead up to the front doors located on the right one-third with the bell tower to the right of the entry. The left two-thirds have a double scalloped gable that make most of the remaining main floor. A large three panel stained glass window is in the center of this gable. The roof above the next floor runs lengthwise and has similar double scalloped gables on both ends. The bell tower looks to be about the same height as the building. There are three trees in the front yard. There are wide concrete steps coming from the back of the building and extending into the right side yard. A couple of small buildings can be seen on the right of the church in the background. The sidewalk could be wood or concrete. This church was built in 1912 and was on the northeast corner of 18th Avenue and Birch Street. The church name was changed to Forest Grove Methodist Church in 1940. The building has been replaced with a newer building.
[back] Pearl Beard Banks Ore No postmark or stamp (not mailed) M. E. Church Forest Grove Oregon

Date Created

circa 1915

Medium

photographic postcards

Language

English

Identifier

FHFG_pic0058

Rights

Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact Friends of Historic Forest Grove at: rights@fhfg.org