First Church of Christ Scientist Forest Grove

Title

First Church of Christ Scientist Forest Grove

Description

This brick building stands on the southeast corner of Pacific Avenue and A Street. The Forest Grove Christian Science Society was formed in Forest Grove in 1901 and the land was purchased in 1914. This Georgian Revival building was built in 1916 and is on the National Register. Three shallow steps led to the double front door on Pacific Avenue. The entry is in the center of the building with a tall arched window on each side in the middle of their walls. A round, white globe porch light is on both sides of the door. There is an arched window just above the doors. Arched windows are also on the right side of the building with a door at the back that faces Pacific Avenue. The roof is a hip roof. There is a parking meter at the curb close to the front entry. The street is paved and the sidewalk is concrete but stops at the corner and does not continue down A Street.
[front] First Church Of Christ Scientist Forest Grove, Oregon

Date Created

1940-1950

Medium

photographic postcards

Language

English

Identifier

FHFG_pic0060

Rights

Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact Friends of Historic Forest Grove at: rights@fhfg.org