Congregational Church of Forest Grove

Title

Congregational Church of Forest Grove

Description

The first Congregational Church was destroyed by fire in 1901. The second church was destroyed by fire in 1919. This brick building was built in 1920 and is the third in a series of Congregational Churches on this property along 21st Avenue between Main Street and College Way. The front is an unusual quarter-round with entrances close to each end, one on College Way and one on 21st Avenue. Each entrance is in a tower that appears to be one story above the roofline of the building. The building is two stories high with a partial basement. There is a sign our front and all that can be read is CONGREGATIONAL There is a concrete walkway to the entry steps and one close to the church that connects the two entrances. On the right, in the background, a late 1930’s car can be seen along with storefronts on Main Street.
[front] Congregational Church - Forest Grove, Ore. Loistian 11-278

Date Created

circa 1938

Medium

photographic postcards

Language

English

Identifier

FHFG_pic0063

Rights

Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact Friends of Historic Forest Grove at: rights@fhfg.org