Congregational Church of Forest Grove

Title

Congregational Church of Forest Grove

Description

The first Congregational Church was destroyed by fire in 1901. The second church was destroyed by fire in 1919. This brick building was built in 1920 and is the third in a series of Congregational Churches on this property along 21st Avenue between Main Street and College Way. The front is an unusual quarter-round with entrances close to each end, one on College Way and one on 21st Avenue. Each entrance is in a tower that appears to be one story above the roofline of the building. The building is two stories high with a partial basement. There is a sign our front but not readable This picture was taken from the Pacific University campus. The street appears to be paved with a curb but there is no sign of a sidewalk. There is concrete steps and walkway from the street to the entry steps. On the right, in the background, are a couple of 1920’s cars on Main Street and two storefronts can be seen. The one on the left has a sign towards the top of the two story building DRUGS.
[front] Congregational Church

Date Created

circa 1925

Medium

photographic postcards

Language

English

Identifier

FHFG_pic0064

Rights

Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact Friends of Historic Forest Grove at: rights@fhfg.org