A view of multiple men and women seated on and in front of a horse and buggy at Germania Hall. Germania Hall's facade has two sign reading "Hotel" and "Germania Hall." Germania Hall was built by the Schamoni family and was the first building constructed on Main Street (sometime between 1908-1910) after the arrival of the Oregon Electric Railway in Tigard. Germania Hall was located south of the railroad tracks on the east side on Main Street. The main floor contained a restaurant and grocery store; upstairs was a dance hall and hotel rooms.
Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact the Tigard Public Library at firstname.lastname@example.org.