Hillsboro Fire Hall, circa 1930


Hillsboro Fire Hall, circa 1930


Black and white image of a stucco, two-story building in the Mission Revival style. The building sits on a street corner; the front faade features four arches on either side of the main entrance, which has two recessed doors topped by an elaborate, carved lintel bearing the words 'Hillsboro City Hall' beneath a round shield. The arches to the image left of the door show garage doors; the arches to the right are bricked in at the bottom then filled with banks of windows. The second floor has two sets of three double-hung windows with shutters, each set with a small, wrought iron balcony beneath. The first story of the second side of the building features two matching arched windows, and three single garage doors, and a double garage attachment at the rear. The second floor has the same windows as the left facade, in sets of two. The building features a short roof of tile. Three cars are parked along the street curb, two are enclosed cabs with four doors; one is a 'jalopy' style. Power lines run across from the upper left of the image, and trees in full leaf are visible on either edge beyond the main building.
[Back] Fire Hall September 1930. Donor - Verne Mc.Kinney [sic] May - 1967.

Date Created



photographic prints






Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact the Five Oaks Museum at Research@FiveOaksMuseum.org.


Still Image