Sepia-toned image of a large group of people standing in a line before a two-story, gabled building with a belfry and an addition in back. Most of the girls wear pinafores over their dresses; the boys are in pants, jackets, and hats. The adult women wear ankle-length dark dresses. The building has double doors with an arched transom above them, flanked by sets of paned, double-hung windows. The windows in the middle of the second floor mimic the arched construction of the first floor. The building sits in a grassy field , and the people are standing on a boardwalk that runs along the front of the building and into the field. Some people sit on the edge of a raised porch. Other houses and trees are visible in the background of the image.
[Back] [pen] Hillsboro school about 1880, N. W. Corner 3rd and Baseline. Building rear was first school in Hillsboro. This building burned and the [illegible] now. David School was built in 1889. [stamped] Davidson Brothers. Cor. 1st and Yamhill. Portland, Oregon.
Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact the Five Oaks Museum at Research@FiveOaksMuseum.org.