Sepia-toned image of a two-story, cross-gabled building with covered porches along both floors on the front. A man sits on a bench on the porch in front of the hotel, just outside the open door, and another man in a suit and a Panama-style hat stands on the porch. A young boy stands, arms akimbo, on the boardwalk in front of the hotel. A large banner covers most of the second-story porch railing and reads, '25 Best Meals in the City, Prompt Service. Try Us Once and You Will Call Again. 25.' Just beyond that a sign protrudes from the same railing. It reads, 'Tualatin Hotel.' Just beneath that sign is parked a four seater automobile with a cover and large spoked wheels that are larger in the back than the front. It features brass lamps and other fixtures on the front. The road is plank, and a large maple tree in full leaf obscures most of the other half of the building.
[Front] Tualatin Hotel Main St. Hillsboro, 1909. [Back] Mrs. J. H. Foote, [address redacted], Portland, Oregon. [black pen] Tualatin Hotel, Main St. Hillsboro. This picture taken Aug. 1909. Weils Store now stands there. One of the first automobiles in Wash. Co. standing in front owned by J. W. Shute. Hotel built in 1852. Torn down in 1919. [light grey ink] See Hillsboro Ind. paper Dec - 2 - 1910. Big Maple tree on Main St. in front of Tualatin Hotel demolished. Was old landmark. Planted by Mrs. Henry Wehrung in 1857. Weils Store at this site remodeled 1967.
Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact the Five Oaks Museum at Research@FiveOaksMuseum.org.