Sanctuary construction at Trinity Lutheran

Title

Sanctuary construction at Trinity Lutheran

Description

Black and white image of the framework for a small Gothic revival style sanctuary. Trinity Lutheran was built largely with donated labor from the congregation from 1947 to 1948. The building opened for dedication on May 9, 1949, likely when this photo was taken. The congregation remained here until the late 1990s, when they relocated to a larger facility elsewhere in Hillsboro. A donation enabled the city to purchase the property and renovate it for its current use, the Glen and Viola Walters Cultural Arts Center. (See also WCMpic_012430, WCMpic_012424, and WCMpic_012427 for other pictures of this building in the same time period.)

Date Created

5/9/1949

Medium

black-and-white negatives

Identifier

WCMpic_012431

Rights

Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact the Five Oaks Museum at Research@FiveOaksMuseum.org.

Collection