Groner School #39


Groner School #39


Black and white image of a group of school children standing in front of their school with their teacher, Ms. Thelma Hesse. The historic Groner School was established in 1907 when the Flint School District split into the Groner and Kinton Schools, and the first school building was built in 1908 on land donated by Ferdinand Groner, a local walnut farmer. When the current Groner Consolidated School was built in 1949, the old school building was razed.
[back] [typed label] Groner School Fall 1936. Back row from left: Doris Jean Britain, Vernon Sprecher, Wallace Pucilaski, Marion Gusto, Donald Nelson, Eugene Newbry, Frank Gusto. Middle row from left: Rovena Grow [sic], John Bernau, Leroy Sprecher, Sam Gotter, Reuben Sprecher, Kenny Carlson, Wilbur McCune, Marion Garbarino, Louis Hesse. Front row from left: Thelma Hesse -Teacher, Myron Bish, Wallace Flint, Iris Newbry, Dorothy Orr, Jean Trask, Lorna Sprecher, Ethel Newbry, Dolores Garbarino.

Date Created

circa 1936


photographic prints




WCMpic_ 012992


Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact the Five Oaks Museum at