Mayflower Milk Distribution Center at night


Mayflower Milk Distribution Center at night


Black and white image of a commercial milk distribution facility, which included a fountain and retail section. Mayflower Milk was brand name for milk bottled by the Dairy Cooperative Association, founded in 1929. The Dairy Cooperative Association changed its name to Mayflower Farms in 1962. They merged with the Seattle-based Northwest Dairymen's Association in 1981, dropping the Mayflower brand name for its milk a few years later. Before refrigerators became common home appliances, milk was delivered daily. This distribution center in Hillsboro opened in 1947. See WCMpic_013891 for an interior view.

Date Created

circa 1940s


gelatin silver prints




Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact the Five Oaks Museum at