Black and white image of four people, most likely the Flints and their two sons, standing in front of a two-story, cross-gabled farmhouse. A number of livestock animals are in the image, three horses hitched to a plow, another carriage horse at the far right, and a flock of sheep to the left. A dog stands between the woman and one of the men. Two of the men wear suits and hats, while the third is in shirtsleeves and holds the handles of the plow. The woman wears a high-necked, corseted dress and her hair is pulled back tightly into a small bun on top of her head. In the far background of the image is a large barn. The Flints arrived in Oregon around 1870, settling in the Scholls Ferry Area on 800 acres (purchased for $10 an acre.) This house was built in 1881.
[front] [printed] Great Eastern Photo. & Advertising Co. R. H. Gardiner, Manager, 285 Goldsmith St., East Side, Portland, Oregon
Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact the Five Oaks Museum at Research@FiveOaksMuseum.org.