Construction of the second Herrick Hall

Title

Construction of the second Herrick Hall

Description

A scene of the excavation for the construction of the second Herrick Hall after the first burned down March 11, 1906
[back] Copied from 8x10 print made by Archie Bryant Pacific photo studio in Forest Grove. Showing construction of Herrick Hall in 1906-1907. The original Herick Hall known as Ladies' Hall, built in 1883 burned Mar. 11, 1906. This picture probably shows excavation for the new brick Herrick Hall that summer or fall. Other pictures show construction of the new brick building already under roof in the spring of 1907. After standing vacant 1970-1975 Herrick Hall was heavily damaged by fire in Jan. 1975 and torn down that fall. see article in Hillsboro Argus Oct. 19, 1976. Note team at left ahve advertising covers for Daniel Parsons Finest Saddles his saddelry shop was located at Main + 21st in the French Connection building of French's clothing store.

Date Created

1906-1907

Medium

photographic prints

Language

English

Identifier

PUApic_013442

Rights

Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact the Pacific University Archives at archives@pacificu.edu.